Sunday 10 February 2008

High Frequency Training

Sorry I have not posted in a few days internet connection has been down. Finall got AOL to get me back online.

Anyway started a new workout program a few days ago. Its a high frequency plan so training 5 times a week using full body routines. Its pretty tough so I will just have to up my calories to make sure I am getting the proper nutrients.

Here is an example of what I am doing. Got it off T-nation.

It consists of 2 seperate blocks.

Block A:

A1: Horizontal Push (Bench Press)
A2: Horizontal Pull (Bent over row)
B: Quad Dominant (Squat)

In this block you do exercise A1 then rest 60 seconds and then do A2 rest 60 seconds then repeat back to A1.
For exercise B repeat the exercise in straight sets with 60-90 seconds recovery.

Block B:

A1: Vertical Push (Shoulder Press)
A2: Vertical Pull (Pull up)
B: Hip dominant (Kettlebell swing)

For block A you complete each exercise with 5 sets of 5 reps.
For block B you complete each exercise with 4 sets of 10 reps.

Be careful not to go to failure as you want to keep your CNS (Central Nervous System) fresh.

LASTLY DO NOT DO THIS TYPE OF TRAINING UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS TRAINING EXPERIENCE BEHIND YOU AND ALSO INCREASE YOUR CALORIE INTAKE TO ADD ON THE EXTRA MUSCLE YOU ARE STRIVING FOR.

Let me know how you get on.

No comments: